I was thinking about important life events the other day and realized I didn't remember the first time Aaron and I said "I love you" to each other. Of COURSE, he couldn't remember either....after thinking about it for a LONG time I THINK I remember now but I'm not sure. Sigh. That's why I have this blog, to record important things that I want to remember, to be able to go back and read and laugh/cry/get angry/whatever.
Right now is the time that Aaron is gone for six weeks at federal police academy in South Carolina. I want to remember that during this time I stayed at home with grandma, took care of the bills (well kinda, I just do what aaron tells me to when certain things come in the mail), cooked for just the two of us, worked, drove back and forth to Tulsa alone, and missed him every day.
Some funny things so far from the trip have been:
-needing washer fluid in the truck and trying to figure out how to do it
-shopping alone and buying ;) healthy stuff (cinnamon rolls, BBQ ruffles, pies)
-grandma turning the heat on and burning me out of the basement LOTS (late MAY!!)
-sneaking into her room to remove $1200 of the $1700 dollars she decided was a good idea to take out of the bank and carry around, then depositing it back in the bank
...I'm sure there will be more to add later
It's been good though. The saying is very true that "absence makes the heart grow fonder."
1 comment:
how is the tooth? i hope it's better and that you found someone to help. those kind of things are NO fun!
Post a Comment