I am completely bored at work today so I've basically been reading my friend Hannah's blog from the beginning. I've told her this before, but I have to say it again...we are SOOOO alike. The smell of book stores, finishing new books before we get home, procrastinating, starting things I don't finish. We also share the notion that we are somewhat "not good enough." Now I'm not sure Hannah has written this word for word but it comes across. It's not bad like poor pitiful me I'm not worthy, just very thankful and feeling undeserving for all the blessings I have been given. Why do some people have so much and others so little? Why do mothers that HATE children have them, while others who want them desperately are denied? In short, why do bad things happen to good people??? And who am I to deserve what I've been given? I get angry to easily, judge too harshly, and ask for more than I need...to name a very few of my faults...
Hannah, I wish we had been closer in school, and now I wish that you lived closer to Tulsa. I have shed many tears over your posts and feel a weird connection with you...if only through this blog.
In other news, I am bored with work. I'm kind of in this holding pattern: getting through the holidays, waiting for school to start again, waiting to get all my trainings (in the next 2 weeks will be completed) so I can actually do stuff. Also, Aaron and I were planning a trip to see his family in MN and WI but it looks like the weather will be bad so I'm disappointed. This may read like a depressed post, but I really just feel reflective and humble. More soon.
3 comments:
Jamie, I feel like that's the purposes of these blogs...to get out those emotions! So if you're depressed, let us hear about it. We care about you, and you certainly do deserve the blessings you have been given.
Much love , Lindsay :)
thank you jamie. i'm glad that everything i wrote made sense to you. or at least some of it :)
i tend to write when i'm emotional. it's cathartic for me, i guess.
i wish we'd been closer to. you were always so thoughtful in gillaspy's class we had together. i have always thought so much of you.
you come across as a very, very bright light in a sometimes very dark world.
again, thank you! looking forward to everything you have to say.
much love.
oh, p.s. how do you know kristi (sutfin) kindrick?
i saw where you knew her on facebook. i went to medical school with her. my one year there.
i absolutely L.O.V.E. her. i really do. she is wonderful. and has no idea.
Post a Comment