So for the past 2 days I've been thinking about being thankful. We've had a lot of people quit at work lately due to disgruntled-ness and at first I was on that band wagon. I was all grippy and pissy and just angry all the time about all the things I had to do that I didn't get appreciated for and all of the stupid little things I had to due that were pointless. Then it hit me. There are sooo many people right now that would kill to have a job...any job. They are worrying about keeping their houses and their cars and feeding their kids. How SELFISH I felt!! So anyhoo, that made me thing about being thankful.
I am thankful for so much it's hard to list but the main thing that pops into mind is family. Mine, my new family, my new immediate family (Aaron :) ), and all of my friends old, new and in-between. Without my family I would be lost and it would be bad, bad, bad. I'm also thankful for my job, not just that I have one but that I have one where I get to use my degree and do what I've always wanted to. Lastly, I'm thankful for my health and the health of all of my loved ones. One only thinks they are stressed until someone they love get sick, really sick. It's terrible and a shock to the system.
I am learning to be content in this stretch of my life. I feel like I'm in a standstill waiting for something to change...a baby, a house, gma, something. Until then though, I am trying to be content with just being satisfied and living life fully each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment