How do teachers/administrators get so turned off? By turned off I mean, don't care, kick em out, they're no good anyway attitude. I literally had to stop a "school cop" from walking up in "my" kid's face and dragging him to wherever he wanted him to go. I actually had to say the words, "Is he under arrest or something?" Of course the answer was NO. The guy just wanted him to go to some discipline dean's office. ALL he had to say was, "hey, he's needed in the office." Good grief! Just because he's a known trouble maker??
I realize I'm a novice and I haven't been here long and after awhile I'll get immune, but I don't think I will EVER stop seeing these kids with potential and the ability to make decent grades.
They are SUSPENDING kids for FOUR tardies now. Are you kidding me??!! That's right, give em F's for 3 days cause they were 30 seconds late for class!! At least they COME to school as opposed to some of my other clients.
Ya know, I used to want to be a teacher (kindergarden in fact), but I changed my mind when I got older and realized the politics involved, the stringent laws, and because it's hard to help when you are worried about those stupid benchmarks. That's why I chose to do therapy instead. Now I thank my lucky stars that I have the right to stop a teacher/cop/administator and say "I'll take it from here, thanks" I LOVE that I can look "my kids" in the eye and say "they did you wrong, but they aren't losing sleep over it, so you have to do right for YOU." They hear me more at that point. They don't need another adult telling them they are no good and will amount to nothing, that they are a disrespectful rat and lower than I.
I realize I'm ranting but...that's what this if for.
In other news, aaron and grandma are good. Nothin new really. Well thanks for readin...
No comments:
Post a Comment